I offer two related categories of services:
arts project design & development
Clients come to me with an idea for an arts project that they are excited about, but that they don’t have the expertise or resources to make happen on their own.
- Project design — planning unique projects that spark a sense of curiosity, excitement, and purpose.
- Strategic Planning — distilling project mission, values, and goals into lucid, constructive language that will propel the project forward.
- Project brief writing — creating a document to communicate with partners, presenters, collaborators, and audience.
- Partnership development — recruiting and negotiating with partners who can contribute skills and connections to the client’s project.
Grant Writing & Coaching
One of the most important things I offer my clients is lasting improvement in their grant seeking skills and process. A grant should never just be about a single project. Instead, the grant is a stepping stone to achieving long-term mission and providing an ongoing benefit to the client and the people who experience the project.
- Research — I find, or teach you to find, grants that you or your organization are eligible and well suited for.
- Grant proposal strategy — planning what you’ll ask for, how you’ll use the money, and why your proposal fits with the goals of the grant.
- Community engagement design — finding concrete ways to reach the communities that will most benefit from your project.
- Writing effective responses to application questions — clarifying both the how and the why of your project with direct and engaging language.
- Budgeting — understanding how to create project budgets that tell a clear story of your project from a financial perspective.
I also offer a Grant Writing Workshop for College Students.
I help clients realize their creative goals through a variety of services.
Arts grant funding can transform a project, and with it, an artist or organization’s entire trajectory. But, many individual artists or leaders of arts organizations don’t know how or don’t have time to craft competitive applications.
Think of me as your grant writing coach, your part-time grant writing specialist, or an experienced artistic director who can help you turn an idea into a fully funded and realized project.
Want to get started?
I offer flexible, customized project or retainer-based services, as well as single coaching sessions to work on particular goals.
Looking for a way to get started working with me? Start with a coaching session, or book 30 minutes just to get acquainted. All sessions include my preparation time with your proposal.